Bollywood jewellery designers, Vinay and Anirudh Gupta of Shri Hari Diagems, who designed Mastani‘s (Deepika’s) jhumkas, haath phool and neck pieces share a few tips about how to style your antique heirloom pieces.
By Ankita Shukla/ TNN
If you couldn’t take your eyes off Deepika Padukone and her enviable jewellery in Sanjay Leela Bhansali’s magnum opus Bajirao Mastani, then it’s time to invest in some of those antique pieces of extravagance. Or else, tell your mother to dig into her closet and share some of her timeless jewels with you.
- Peplum style wedding dresses and antique polki maharani haars have become the hottest trend this season. They strike the perfect balance between classic and modern elegance.
- Rose gold is a popular choice among brides these days. It’s a pretty and youthful alternative to classic gold. Rose gold looks fantastic when paired with solitaires and also looks soft and beautiful against any skin tone.
- Temple jewellery pieces go best with black dresses or shirts when worn just under the collar.
- Wear your mother’s choker necklace as an arm band and style it pretty with any outfit.
- Stack plain gold bangles and mix them with kadas (bangles), wear these with a long skirt at a beach party or any other event. The look is a mix of modern and vintage.
- Wear your grandmother’s broach as a maang tikka or add it to your handbag as an bag charm accessory.
- Wear a sting necklace as a waist belt and accentuate your curves.
- Add sparkle to your plain cocktail dress by wearing the antique navratna necklace around your neck.
- Combine a haath phool with any outfit when going out for a drink and see how many compliments you’ll get that night!